Main content and commitments of Ukraine
Assistance in the approximation between the EU and Ukraine in the field of higher education, which proceed in the framework of the Bologna Process. Deepening of cooperation between the universities. Expanding the possibilities of the universities.
Cluster 4 of the EU-Ukraine Subcommittee on Economic and other Sector Cooperation of the Association Committee
Responsible bodies in Ukraine
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Ministry of Youth and Sport of Ukraine
- Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine
- Reform and modernization of the higher education.
- Introduction of the international evaluation and monitoring practices of the university autonomy development and the higher education professionalization management.
- Mutual recognition of the academic and professional qualifications, diplomas and educational certificates.
- Strengthening the dialog on the systems of the secondary education and lifelong learning.
- Intensification of the international exchanges and cooperation in the field of non-formal education for youth, including the EU programmes, for example Erasmus+.
The state of adaptation of Ukrainian legislation and cooperation with the EU
- Law of Ukraine “On the Higher Education” regarding the transition to the three-level higher education system was adopted.
- Legal amendments concerning the recognition of non-formal education through the introduction of demands for the considering its results partly or in full was adopted.
- The Resolution of the Cbinet of Ministers “On approval of Procedure for confirmation of results of non-formal professional education of individuals for worker professions” was adopted.
- The Order of the Cabinet of Ministers “On approval of Action Plan for implementation of National Qualifications Framework for 2016-2020” was adopted.
- The Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On approval of the Concept of training specialists in the dual form of education” was adopted. The concept aims to combine study and work in vocational and higher education, and provides for a combination of training of persons in educational institutions with training in the workplace (in enterprises, institutions and organizations) for the acquisition of certain qualifications.
- Since September 2018, the implementation of the reform of secondary education “New Ukrainian school” has been started. A key change for students concerns approaches to learning and the content of education. The goal is to create a school, which it will be pleasant to learn in and which will give students not only knowledge, as it is now, but also the ability to apply it in life, to educate an innovator and a citizen who knows how to make responsible decisions and respects human rights. The list of competencies to be acquired by students is already enshrined in the law "On education", which was made with due consideration of the Recommendations of the European Parliament and the Council of Europe on the formation of key competences of education during life.
- Ukraine joined the program of international student assessment PISA-2018, which is held under the auspices of the Organization for economic cooperation and development (OECD). The program is aimed at assessing education systems in different countries of the world on the basis of testing 15-year-old students and will allow to assess the level of training of students in relation to other countries-participants of the program until 2021;
- Ukraine continues to participate in the EU programs on capacity building and academic mobility Erasmus+, which is a tool for sharing the best educational practices of European countries. During 2015-2017, more than 7 200 academic exchanges were carried out, which is 43 % of the “mobility” of the entire Eastern partnership region. In 2018, Ukraine received a separate window of funding from the EU in the amount of 5 million Euro.