Main content and commitments of Ukraine
Implementation of paragraph 6 of the Doha Declaration on the TRIPS Agreement and public health of the Decision of the WTO General Council of 30 August 2003. Ukraine took an obligation to adapt national legislation on data protection for medicines to the EU Law in terms defined by the Committee in a trade configuration.
Cluster 6 Subcommittee on economic and other sector cooperation.
Responsible bodies in Ukraine
The Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine
- Approximation of Ukraine’s legislation on data protection for medicines in accordance with the EU Law, in term determined by the Committee in a trade configuration.
- Increased level of the safety and health protection.
- Gradual approximation of Ukrainian legislation to the principles and precedents of the EU acquis communautaire, in particular, regulations on tobacco, infectious diseases, blood services, transplantations of tissues and cells.
The state of adaptation of Ukrainian legislation and cooperation with the EU
The Government approved the Concept reform of the Healthcare Financing.
- Draft Law of Ukraine on amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On Donation of Blood and its Components” was developed..
- The Law of Ukraine "On the use of transplantation of anatomical materials to human", which entered into force on 24.06.2018, was adopted.
- The Government approved a Strategy for the development of the national blood system. The strategy provides for the introduction of European standards and practices of the blood system. New approaches are based on the principles of security, accessibility, accountability, innovation and financial efficiency.