This section provides information related to trade relations between Ukraine and the EU.
The section of the European Integration Portal dedicated to this direction is the largest of all in the context of the implementation of the Association Agreement.
Below is information on the progress of the implementation of commitments under the Association Agreement on the functioning of the free trade area and implementation of Title IV of the Association Agreement.
An important part of the section is an Information guide on trading.
FUNCTIONING OF THE FREE TRADE AREA
- the parties have agreed to establish a free trade area during the transition period, not exceeding 10 years from the date of entry into force of the Agreement in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement and Article XXIV of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade 1994 (hereinafter - GATT-1994);
- Ukraine and the EU have agreed to reduce or cancel the import duty on goods originating from the other Part
INFORMATION GUIDE FOR TRADE
- online service created by the European Commission to help entrepreneurs
- necessary to obtain preferential access to the EU market within the free trade area between Ukraine and the EU
- advisory information for domestic producers on how best to enter the EU markets
Guides for novice exporters
- compilations of practical advice for EU exporters in selected industries
Search for EU partners – EEN Enterprise Network
- tips on how to use the EEN Enterprise Network to find partners in the EU
The EU Agency, working with exporters
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ASSOCIATION AGREEMENT
Technical barriers to trade
- reduction of technical barriers to trade and bringing Ukrainian industrial producers closer to the EU market
Sanitary and phytosanitary measures
- introduction of an equivalent European food quality and safety control system
- simplification of customs procedures and trade facilitation
- improvement of business environment
- liberalization of capital movements to a level equivalent to EU legislation
- creation of competition in public sector procurement
- simplification of the procedure of creation and commercial use of innovative products
- approximation of Ukrainian competition law and practice of application to EU law
- harmonization of Ukrainian legislation in this area with EU requirements
promotion and encouraging of trade, attraction of foreign direct investment in environmentally friendly products